- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, stredded
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T agave
- A couple pinches of garlic salt
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, agave, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Toast raw pepita seeds in a pan on medium high heat until golden. Stir occasionally while toasting. This will only take a couple minutes – be careful not to burn.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. Let the slaw marinate for a few minutes before serving.
4. Serve with mexican tomato salad (recipe below), short grain brown rice + black beans, and avocado.
mexican tomato salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 T red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Dash of apple cider vinegar
- Dash of olive oil
- Pinch of garlic salt
1. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime, and garlic salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a pinch more salt or squeeze of lime as needed. Let marinate for a few minutes before serving.
Lily Kunin is the voice behind the NYC-based food blog Clean Food Dirty City. Inspired by the chefs in her family as well as her friends who are looking for easy recipes, her mission is to create food that is simple, clean, and flavorful. Follow her blog on Instagram @cleanfooddirtycity.Tags: car