Mickey Mouse and his buddies, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, will performing in a mega music mash-up of when Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival debuts in Auburn Hills.
Concertgoers will hear greatest hits from the blockbuster movies “Aladdin,” “The Little Mermaid” and Disney/Pixar’s “Toy Story,” remixed to rock, pop, reggae, hip-hop, jazz and country jams. Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival strives to be the world’s biggest family concert experience.
The show will be 4 and 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24 at The Palace of Auburn Hills, 6 Championship Drive, Auburn Hills. Tickets start at $15. To order tickets by phone, call 800-745-3000 or visit www.ticketmaster.com.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, May 27.
“One song can touch millions of people around the world and Disney has been at the beat of this concept for years by making music a main ingredient of storytelling,” Producer and Feld Entertainment CEO Kenneth Feld said in a media release. “In Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival we are celebrating with the Disney characters to a soundtrack of the latest sounds and chart-topping hits. We want our guests to walk away with lasting memories and singing these unforgettable melodies long after they leave the show.”
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, featuring an all star line-up of more than 25 Disney characters, begins with audiences watching a state-of-the-art video projection of the frenzy backstage, which spills onto the stage as Mickey welcomes guests to his concert tour. Then the arena becomes to a world of hip-hop beats, acrobatics, flying carpets and magical transformations for Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie. Later, we move underwater and meet up with Ariel, Sebastian and their nautical pals rocking to a reggae rhythm. And Woody, Buzz and Jessie teach us how to boogie rodeo-style.
“We’ve created an environment where audience members will be able to connect with the Disney stars,” said Alana Feld, producer and executive vice president of Feld Entertainment. “Within each concert moment are elements of personal interaction and the audience will be harmonizing, dancing, laughing and having an outrageously good time with the characters.”
The father-daughter production team, Kenneth and Alana Feld, has hand selected award-winning creative talents whose credits span from working with Madonna to winning a Latin Grammy Award to designing hundreds of costumes for Disney theme park shows:
• Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen Award-winning choreographed Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour; in 2008, earned a Latin Grammy in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora”; has choreographed for many TV shows, including “Modern Family,” “Outsourced” and “Wizards of Waverly Place”; was skating consultant for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember”; and directed and choreographed for “Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!”
• Writer Jeremy Desmon’s credits include “The Girl in the Frame,” “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks” and “Curious George Live!” He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship.
• Scenic Designer Rick Papineau, Vice President of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment; veteran designer who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for all of the company’s touring shows.
• Costume Designer Cynthia Nordstrom designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in “Downtown Disney”; designed costumes for “Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy”; Disney’s “Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!” and “Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After.”
• Lighting Designer Sam Doty assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006, including “Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy,” “Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival” and multiple editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus.
• Music Director Stan Beard has arranged and written the musical score for numerous domestic and international “Disney On Ice” productions, and has worked in the recording studio with such luminaries as Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra.Tags: concert, director, movie, music, producer, release, tour, tv